Friday, February 15, 2013

Right Before Valentines Day is over...(I guess on the west coast)


Valentines day is officially over on the East Coast but I am from Cali so technically we have another 2 hours and 14 mins to keep this thing rocking. However it is my booksi's bday on the east so in honor of V-Day love and his bday my song of choice for the night is from none other than Ms. Erykah Badu. When I first got the Mama's Gun album I did NOT like this song and would always skip over it. That is until the summer before my senior year in college I fell in love, once my heart was snatched up this song took on a whole new meaning. I can lay for hours listening to it on repeat and smiling. I looove every lyric and every note, however my favorite line is "He gets to smile, and I get to be Orange..." I absolutely adore being orange. Some say that there can be a parallel drawn in this song, that she is either talking about her relationship with God, or a man, or both. Listening to the lyrics closely it can be deduced that she quite possibly could be referring to both. That being said it will go into our poetic category. Well without further ado... Orange Moon! (Happy Valentines Day to all and if my dearest is reading this Happy Birthday!!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment