Thursday, February 28, 2013

Poetic Justice

I absolutely looooove this Video... I just saw it for the first time on Saturday and since then have probably watched it 10 times and counting. Kendrick Lamar is one of the reasons I started this blog. Lyrics, lyrics and more lyrics.  The cinematography of the video is just as poetic as the song. I especially like the slow motion shots and how they reverse a little bit and then continue. I thoroughly enjoy all 3 verses of the song but my favorite lines are how Kendrick and Drake end their verses..."They say conversation rule the nation, I can tell, but I could never right my wrongs, 'less I write them down for real, P.S. -Kendrick "They say Communication save relations I can tell, but I can never right my wrongs, 'less I write them down for real P.S.-Drake. My other favorite is from Kendrick's third verse..."Every time I write these words, they become a taboo, making sure my punctuation curve, every letter is true, living my life inside the margin and that metaphor was proof..." I adore this video just as much as the song, the video may have even made me love the song that much more. Enjoy  P.S. (pun intended lol) Poetic Justice is in my top 10 favorite movie list of all time fyi :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment