Saturday, February 9, 2013

...For the Poetic

I had a conversation on facebook the other night about one of my favorite songs in the whoole entire universe!! None other than Green Eyes by Erykah Badu. This lady has a way with words that make you feel like she is talking directly to you and she knows exactly what you are going through at that moment. Or even if you are not going through it you start to question yourself like "dang did that just happen to me" and you know it didnt hahaha. Her lyrics are powerful and poetic and she uses them to make beautiful music with purpose and passion. My fav album hands down Mama's Gun. I can listen to it on repeat for days and never skip a song (with the exception of Penitentary Philosophy which is the first song) as far as I'm concerned the album starts with Didn't 'cha you, just my humble opinion. My fav lyrics from Green Eyes... from the intro "my eyes are green 'cause I eat a lot of vegetables, it dont have nothin to do with your new "friend"." From the bridge, "Never knew that love could hurt like this, never thought I would but I got dissed, makes me feel so sad and hurt inside, feel embarrased so I want to hide, silly me I thought your love was true, changed my name to Silly E. Badu, before I heal its gonna be a while, I know its gonna be a while 'chile" yaaaaassss I'm catching it as I'm typing LOL. But enjoy and please continue listening to the song that it transitions to at the end I love it as well :-) Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment